Tuesday 18 January 2011

Photographs force us to see people before their future weighed them down

It's strange what a photograph can do.

They can send you back to a place, person or feeling so quickly that you don't even have time to decide if you want to remember it. They can remind you of something you used to be, or a side of you that you rarely see.

I was looking at a picture just now, which filled me such security and contentment. Just knowing I was once in that place with those people - some of my favourite people in the world - made me feel so lucky, even if it will never happen again, even if in some ways I don't want it to happen again. It's nice to look back on the past without regret. There are times in my life that I wouldn't go back to if I had the choice, and others I would relive again in a heartbeat, but I won't let myself indulge in regrets.

So many people I know are unhappy at the moment. It breaks my heart to see my friends suffer, whether in a big or small way, and know there is very little I can do to change it. And then I know others who are struggling with that same problem. So my plan from now on is to do as much as I can, and be content with it. I won't regret mistakes I make, and I won't let myself be unhappy when there is more I could have done to avoid it. And I'll take more pictures.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comments:

Anonymous Admirer :) said...

I LOVE YOU KATY!

Even if you can't always help me, you always make me feel loved and supported.
And as for happy memories....there have been so many. Here's hoping we can keep making many more :)

 
Blog template by suckmylolly.com