Saturday 9 January 2010

Indeed I have always been of the opinion that hard work is simply the refuge of people who have nothing to do

Something really weird has come over me. I've actually starting doing revision. And I mean properly, as in, not sitting at the computer and flicking between facebook, blogger, msn and a blank word document but actually learning things. It's surprisingly satisfying. All I can say is thank goodness for the snow saving me wasting time going in and out on the bus! I do hope that it clears up in time for everyone's exams though, which isn't looking likely...


In other news of the inane thoughts of Katy, I was wondering why the word 'plural' is singular, and why the words 'plurals' is not in my phone dictionary. It seems a little paradoxical. But then maybe I think too much.

What a pointless post :)

Maybe this will make it a little more worthwhile:

"Humans think they are smarter than dolphins because we build cars and buildings and start wars etc...and all that dolphins do is swim in the water, eat fish and play around. Dolphins believe that they are smarter for exactly the same reasons."
Douglas Adams

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY DOUGLAS ADAMS!!

I love that song...

Anyhoo, is 'plural' not just an irregular plural? Like 'sheep' is an irregular plural of 'sheep'?

I would check in the dictionary but both of mine are currently at the bottom of a very fragile pile of books.

Yes, I've been 'tidying'...

 
Blog template by suckmylolly.com