Saturday 23 January 2010

A product favored mainly by children and serves as a prevalent spread on their sandwiches

So our kitchen is largely complete. Before Christmas my parents decided we needed a new one, which means it has been a mad rush to get it all sorted before the VAT increase. This further means we currently have no tiles on the walls, and paint work and flooring that doesn't go with the cupboards. What an excellently planned endeavour.


We are however, getting there. I, as usual, am going to plug John Lewis here - if you need a new kitchen, go there. Why? The guy who fitted our kitchen was not noisy, worked hard and did not eat all our biscuits. To the point where I would rather revise at home because in spite of this guy working away (until 7pm one day) on our kitchen cupboards, it was quieter at home than in Ashurst. Now that's just weird.

The negative side effect of all this, is that we cannot find anything. I was despairing the day my parents let me sleep in and went off to Reading, because when I did get up I couldn't find the chocolate spread. And that is just unacceptable. So now you want a happy resolution? Nope. We never found that chocolate spread. Fortunately I could just open a new jar. But that is totally not the point. I should not be exposed to such levels of stress.

[Update: in case anyone cares i.e. Katie I've changed my blogspot address to http://katywithawhyy.blogspot.com since it seems more fitting]

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments:

 
Blog template by suckmylolly.com