Thursday 7 May 2009

Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened

I'm feeling reflective since tomorrow will be the last day of AS. It's been an amazing year, I mean there have inevitably been low points, but there have been so many high points I think it's been imbalanced in my favour :) I'm going to be sad to see it end, but there will always be bigger, better things to come I'm sure.


It's odd how people can drift in and out of your life so easily, but have such a huge impact. There are plenty of people I've lost this year, probably more than I've got closer to. But I'm not convinced that is such a bad thing. It seems to me that college is the time when you refine your friendships, there is at least an illusion that you don't have to see the people who don't treat you as they should, so you don't. There are people I've become less close to, and I'm sad about that, but I guess I'm just grateful they are still around for me to chat to from time to time. Old friends can't be forgotten, even if the friendships aren't what they once were.

There are people I've lost altogether. Some I miss, some I don't, which surprises me when I consider how they used to mean to me. I'll just have to hope that the ones who were deservedly meaningful will come back into my life when it's the right time for that.

There are the newbies. A lot of the kids who have come into my life in the last 9 months are some of the best people I've ever met, and I am so excited about having at least one more year to get to know them even better. I'm so lucky having so much to look forward to, the next few months are going to be awesome!

Roll on A2, summer and finally being seventeen!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments:

 
Blog template by suckmylolly.com