Friday 3 April 2009

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing

This morning was off to a bad start when on the bus I had to listen to two girls discussing loudly how they would be 'at it like rabbits' fairly soon. Luckily this seemed to be the only suitable subject matter and once it had been exhausted silence ensued  - which is a rare thing at the back of the 46.


More recently I seem to have spent a large amount of time trying to get my ipod to work. Admittedly it is somewhat elderly as these bitches of mp3 players go [especially amid frequent claims that they are designed to break after a year or two] but it's still frustrating when I have spent a substantial amount of time unchecking music so that my latest ska will fit (it's because I'm cool) due to the chronic lack of memory.

It turns out, the way to get an ipod mini to work is neither by:
a) shouting loudly at the inanimate ipod 'Corrupted? CORRUPTED? I'll corrupt you if you don't work!'
nor
b) repeatedly restarting the thing while it's still plugged in to the computer until it freezes on a screen saying 'it is now safe to disconnect'

And I have the audacity to make fun of my parents and teachers using technology.
It's disgusting. Teenagers these days.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments:

 
Blog template by suckmylolly.com