Wednesday 10 June 2009

You really should do some research for a change instead of just listening to the voices in your head

Technology is a strange thing.

I was thinking about when I met some of Andrew's family a while back. It was a strange situation, two uncles, two aunts and a cousin, and with little background knowledge of the family I decided to do a little research on them. Seriously. I stalked Andrew's uncle before I met him.

There was more logic to this than you might think, he has written books so I was expecting to find something, it wasn't just totally random.

The thing that amuses me though, is that once I had done this I could tell Andrew things about his uncle that he didn't know. I haven't decided whether this tells me more about the quality of my research, or Andrew's listening ability.

However, here's a little advice for everyone, if you want to get to know your family, don't talk to them. That would just be ridiculous. The way to learn about your relatives? Google them.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments:

 
Blog template by suckmylolly.com